16 December 2009

tea

So I am terribly crap at this, but my year in blogs is as sporatic as my blogging this year, so I guess that's some consistency.

But, today is about best tea.

And this, my friends, has been the year of tea. Perhaps after 5 years (can you believe it's been 5 years?) in the UK the national berveage has finally permeated my bones. Don't know, but a cuppa really is one of life's little pleasures.

Anyway, tea has been the drink of choice for 2009. I only survived the winter's hostility last year through the copious and passionate nursing of peppermint tea (which helps with the plumbing as much as the grannies all say).

The stress of a cold wet spring was lessened by the discovery of camemille and vanilla tea with honey in. So deliciously simple yet decadent in it's own way. No surprises it's called 'moment of calm' on the box.

The summer discovery of citrus rooibos has been lovely. If you haven't had the south african tea in it's own right you should, but this schmancy version with a hint of lemon and orange is now the perfect companion, hot or cold, to my new life sans caffine.


But the cake-taker is out and out the opening of eteaket (see what they did there?). It's a haven of vintage cake stands and exotic aromas. The blossoming teas (and the one with bits of chocolate in) are as cool as they sound. And the cupcakes I am told are divine.

No comments: