25 January 2006

dear lauren (and any other naysayers of my bachelordom),

it is a fact universally acknowledged that a young woman in possession of anything resembling sanity must be in want of a sex-partner. i do not attempt to deny this will someday, and for some unforseeable duration, probably take the form of marriage or at the very least, shacking-up.

that said, it will take a lot more than a regualr dosage of austen to woo me into commitment. such romances may have blinded me into believing artsy theatre dweebs were attractive for a time (and no, i didn't have the SAME crush from 8th grade on - i just cant deny anders, caleb, bryce, pat and nathan were pretty much exactly the same boy), but if they haven't converted me yet, it's never going to happen.

if anything, film adaptations of the classics have only given me a fetish for riding boots.

2 comments:

L-Squared said...

Point taken.

Sandra said...

so we all liked anders and nathan. I used to play floor hockey with them and pretend make out with sock puppets all in 8th grade. As for caleb, well he called me a slut and that is that.