21 May 2008

today:

today I...

I had originally intenteded to write a list to encapsulate my day for the edifciation of my readers and review and digest what has happened. Like I so rarely do now, I was intending to be pithy and clever and reinvigorate my sense of self with silly nothings. But sadly, I'm coming up blank. Let's try again.

Today:

Today I "woke up" for the third day in a row without really sleeping. (I am actually starting to have daymare type situations. My inner psyche is having a field day)
Today I decided which dress I am wearing to my sisters wedding. (it's fucking ace)
Today I had liam's homemade risotto for lunch (yum chessy asparagus & broccoli goodness)
Today I wore my favourite j crew stripey scarf.
Today I started a very very good book. (the mysterious benedict society - a kids book of course)
Today I found out I wasn't invited to a party I usually get invited to every year.
Today I finished everything on my list of things to do.
Today I decided to take a long weekend and recover my sanity. (it will hopefully be filled with snack treats and naps)

No wonder I am feeling slightly dissatisfied. That is a really fucking mundane list. I am some Zeroes version of Ally McBeal or some other day-job having psycho-babble sitcom woman. It's a little sad. I have not concquered mountains or empires or discovered lost civilizations or invented a new type of flan. I have no been inspired or explored something or experimented beyond my boundaries. I have, in all honesty, done nothing of import and feel slightly smaller for it.

But maybe that's just the never ending grayness sweeping the city starting to seep into my soul. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

jen said...

i've read that book! it's so good. and everyone loves carson ellis illustrations...

jx