03 March 2011

food

we all know I love food. a lot. in many, many different ways.

so it's no surprise houseguests bring on a bout of change and something a little special. but it was shocking how much crap jennie and I ate last week. more sugar than i imagine either of us have had in years. and goodness did I feel it.

so, now it's time to clear out, clean up and get back on schedule.

it's funny, but until I started eating The Old Way (late night pizza, munching on ready made treats, tons of sugar) I didn't realise quite how far I'd drifted from it.

So, as an experiment, I am going to write down everything I eat for the next week. I have no idea if it'll be The Old Way, or what I suppose is The New Way, but based on the feedback our guts were giving (which was audible) I think I'll know it when I eat it.


Wednesday
chicken nuggets (5)
apple cinnamon tea

wild rice with broccoli, tomatoes, peas & bells peppers
juice box (apple)

smoothie (blackberry & cherry)

cornbread roll with lots of honey (homemade)

gnocchi with sage butter
green beans (steamed)

chocolate cupcake (half, no icing)



Thursday
cornbread roll w a tiny bit of honey
smoothie
rosebud & camomile tea

chocolate cupcake (the other half)

juice box (apple)
herby oatcakes (5)

(only now it's written down do I see what an odd list this is going to become...)


broccoli, pepper, tofu & edamame stir fry with egg noodles

a slice of raspberry victoria sponge

Friday
chicken nuggets (5)
smoothie

camomile tea

half a pink grapefruit with a bit of sugar
corn bread roll

savoury cashew & pumpkin seed mix (handful)
juice box (apple)

1 bite of the aforementioned cake.

the chick pea curry I invented tonight
with a garlic & coriander naan

No comments: