10 March 2011

food III

my week of eating continues...


Sunday continued
(I caved and had another cupcake that night)

Monday
huge bowl of granola (plain)
apple cinnamon tea

wild garlic leaf*

turkey sandwich: 3 slices of turkey, a bit of marg and henderson's organic sesame loaf
honey roasted cashews (handful)

apple cinnamon tea
a slice of that bread, with nutella on

2 stuffed peppers

two more slices of nutella bread (I couldn't resist)

Tuesday
chicken nuggets (5)
camomile tea

a handful of granola
smoothie

1 c whole wheat penne
1/2 courgette (zucchini)
1/2 bell pepper
roasted with a bit of mozzerella

couscous bake

3 chocolate chip pancakes (for Shrove Tuesday)

Wednesday
2 scrambled eggs, slice of granary toast
peppermint tea

last stuffed pepper
griddle quesadilla

2 tacos (hard shell, soya mince, cheddar, old el paso sauce)
green beas
sweet corn

the last lonely lump of granola

Thursday

honey & walnut bread
smoothie


I'll stop here (though I am planning on lentil and bacon soup tonight, possibly with cornbread). That's pretty much a week. and I could say oh I was on my period. Or I have been really depressed about work.

But the fact of the matter is I eat sweets every day. I do. It's a hell of a habit.

I suppose I don't have caffeine or fast food - so all in all, it could be a much worse vice. And possibly I could find better ways of getting my protein in the morning than chicken nuggets, but they are convenient and require no work, so for now I suppose I'm willing to live with the fact that I eat ready made meat products every couple of days.

So there you go. How completely unremarkable, but still I enjoyed it.




*ps - eating a wild garlic leaf may sound crazy, but was very tasty. I was so surprised there was a hillside full of it this early in the year (and beneath Roslin Castle on my hike no less), I picked a juicy one and nibbled it as I walked the banks of the River Esk. I know. It sounds pretend. But it was a beautiful day - and fresh, sharp treats foraged by my own wildman skills made it extra good.

No comments: