05 April 2009

You should know, I live in the most beautiful city on earth.

it's hard to believe one can forget a fact like that, but when it's so fucking hard most of the time, you'd be surprised how easy it can be to forget.

Liam is away this week, so I have a lot of time on my hands. It's helping me remember.

I find myself doing a lot of wandering and staring out of windows. And man, is there a lot of ground to cover.

yesterday I walked the river valley that cuts through town. rushing water, budding trees, calm peaceful countryside under spanning bridges and beneath georgian townhouses. so tranquil, so yuppie. so freeing.

today, I climbed calton hill - the home of grecian monuments and wild landscapes. the 360 views cover the sea, the volcanic hills beyond town and the heart of the city itself - the gothic spires and monolithic castle. It's truly unbelievable. perched on a bench up there watching the influx of tourists on a sunny morning proved beyond a doubt, it's not just me - everyone who comes here feels like they can fly.

after that I went and saw Juno again.

It was some free charity screening, but it's my movie - our movie. And being home alone, it was really nice to see it and remember how lovely it was of Liam to take me. twice. I always cry. Tears of melancholy joy and profound emotional understanding of what it is to love so deeply, and so stupidly. That's what family is like. Completely unexaplainable.

Anyway, so now I am home.

I have taken to wearing my 5 inch chinese laundry fuck off heels in the house when Liam's not home. I think it's because there is no where else for me to wear them.

It's pretty killer, but also makes me worry if there is a cat-lady shoe equivalent I should be wary of in my old age. I can see a future me decked out like some freakish sunset boulevard hag, strutting the hall in pearls and not much else, prone to sedaris like quips from the neighbours. the worrying part is I don't really care. It's fun. And probably always will be.

No comments: