14 March 2009

Sprung

Spring has landed.

Which means two things:

1, my work life is hella mad
2, my spirits and personal life is blossoming with the weather

I think this can be best summerised in today:

Wake up to sunshine at 9am

Liam is having brunch with a friend, so I putter about and do some intensive (for me) WiiFit yoga and boxing action

Take a leisurely shower

Log in remotely to the office and work solidly for almost 4 hours. On a saturday. When it's sunny. And I've already done the chores.

Liam comes home, we have lunch while chipping away at the massive edward gorey puzzle I got him for his birthday - it's been taking up the dining room table for almost a month.

I go for a huge long walk, chai tea latte in my mittened hand, up to the meadows for sunshine and a view of the hills.

Saunter back through town, the main thoroughfare is under construction, so am detoured through the gardens (nee moat) beneath the castle. The daffodils are out, the floral clock is done up and generally the city is waking up to the prospect of daylight for more than 5 hours at a time.

It's fucking amazing.

I always forget how much spring matters. The light, the weather. It's one thing to not wake up groggy and need less vitamins. It's entirely another to regain my libido and ability to do anything more active than lay down. Hallelujah! (Maybe we really should move to Austin.)

No comments: