05 February 2008

I love my mother.

I also love my cosmopolitain, european, anti-establishment, decidedly naive life.

In exactly 22 hours I will begin the ultimate experiement by trying to combine these two things without anyone getting the short end of the stick.

But first I have to do something. Well, two things actually.

I have rented the downstairs neighbours flat for the week so mom can have her own space to call dad and go to bed early, and mostly not feel awkward when she would so obviously be in the house of an unmarried couple living in sin where we have breakfast in our bathrobes and I leave my pill on the bathroom counter every night so I don't forget to take it.

So firstly, I have to go get the keys from said neighbour.

And secondly, we have to surreptitiously test the accoustics.

Last night in the 'here is the thermostat, don't forget to put the towels in the bin' tour I realised their bed is directly below ours. And while it would be embarrasing to realise the neighbours have been able to hear us having sex for the past 6 months, it would be infinately worse not to know my mother can.


But in other news, I am v excited and cannot wait for a day of old movies and headpetting and cookies. No one does that like mom.

No comments: