06 May 2011

open road

When I am stressed, I dream of endless airports and crowded tube stops and stressful dead empty spaces. In many ways, quite literally, they are my worst nightmare.


And lately, more than ever, I need open road. Clean, fresh air. Empty sky and plenty of roam to roar and run.

Which I guess is why I've been hankering for a car.

We don't have one, and to be honest, in this town it's unnecessary expense and hassle - much as I'd like to pop to the country for a Sunday drive every now and again.

But now the urge is almost impossible to ignore. It keeps me up at night. I need to get out, I need to get out, I need to get out...

So, to pass the time I've been daydreaming about the car I will someday have. The one that will take me out into wild expanses and help me feel free.

Most days I am up for a bit of Grace Kelly glamour and antiquated sophistication and am almost settled on what is quite possibly the world's cutest car, the Nissan Figaro, which incidentally should only ever come in that retro hospital green with a white soft top. In case you were wondering.

Though, in my searching, I must admit there are many times I'd be seduced by the bad-boy-made-good charms of this humdinger, the Fiat Spider .

So much love. So little cash.

Someday little beans, someday I will wear a headscarf and drive you til your wheels bleed.

No comments: