21 October 2009

before

in one of those unexpected bouts of nostalgia (I am secretly suspicious these exponentially increase with age and slowly morph into delirium undetected), I decided to read my posts for every October to date. Who was I a year ago? two? three? four?

Suffice to say I was reminded of things I was happy to discover, and some I'd rather forget.

I was mostly shocked at how I have been saying the same things for years. I am more predictable than I thought.

But the kicker is how much more interesting I was before. I don't just mean the wild nights and ridiculous episodes of clumsiness and decrepitude - but just more interesting. I was even funny. Albeit trite and sarcastic, but somewhere along the way I've lost my vocabulary for this kind of thing. It's a bit tragic.

1 comment:

Heidi Renée said...

I think I ceased to be interesting or funny quite some time ago. I'll save us a corner at the reunion.