20 July 2009

summer 09

Since I'm halfway through the summer gauntlet, I'm trying to take stock. The eye of the storm and all that.

Since writing the below, what's happened?

We got rid of the bugs, and then they came back so we have another bout of folk in to handle it.

The launch and things all went off hitch free. Generally on the up and up. Smashing dress, mediocre speech (if i do say so myself.

We went to Italy for a spectacular 10 days of etruscan ruins, tuscan sunsets, long beach days and plenty of brilliant local wine and cheese. It was like a fairy tale (especially the amazing sex on the balcony looking out over a vineyard, etc etc). I've only just uploaded the pictures, so I'll show you properly soon.

Then finished up some really lovely community outreach work I'd been doing all spring. Yay inspiring teenagers at risk (with the tried and true spongebob)

I also found the keys to our private garden, so have spent much time picnicking with a box of puzzles and copy of empire.

This weekend, we went flying - Liam got a trial flight lesson as his birthday present. So it was us and pilot in a 4 seater propeller plane for an afternoon. Liam even got to drive it for a while and I wore a snazzy retro headset to be heard over the roaring engines. It was fucking amazing flying over the coast.

Then we went and splurged on a KFC bucket. I have never bought one before in my life, but the pms is doing weird things to me this time around including preggo-like cravings, so we had an evening of greasy mess and 30 Rock. God love the weekends.

Currently I am preparing for a week on my own (Liam's headed to Kent), and the necessary planning and tidying for the now eminent Festival madness/parental visit double whammy. I am even going so far as to plan my outfits (to cut down on emergency dry cleaning bills) and ordering my two weeks of groceries to be delivered in advance. How domestic.

No comments: