13 September 2008

so, i am back at my parents house.

something I always look forward to, and yet always comes with a couple of days of trying to sync the life I had here with them and the me I am now. it always takes a minute to readjust without reverting.

but anyway, it is very nice. it's quite quiet just the three of us bumming around, watching BSG and snacking (my parents are a gold mine of weird food).

but it's also the calm before the wedding storm - by wednesday the house will be chock a block, so i'm making the most of now to get over the jet lag and cold and sort out the last minute details. we are all a bit on pins and needles i think, with dresses, shoes, invitations and stuff floating around us quietly humming in the background.

it's all a bit much to be honest, but I am so excited it's quite literally hard to contain myself. because no matter what, it isn't about the right amount of stuff or if i have limp hair from the weird water here.

it's about kate. and jimmy. and forever. and quite frankly, you can't fuck that up. it's unmitigated joy.

No comments: