16 July 2008

I might someday finish the catalogue of our trip, but I am too fucking tired.

The short version:
wedding in brighton to mixed reviews
pseudo-in-laws will probably never be easy
Dover Castle is outstanding
The water there is so hard it changed my plumbing.
I miss sunshine so much it hurts.

But today, I was cheered by two things:

1, I am going to look at a new flat tomorrow. It's on a river.

2, I still in my spare time collect good signage. Silly, odd, badly translated or just charming.

Not only did I see a van marked 'Scotchick' which isn't about under age scottish lasses doing stupid things or about liqour of any sort. It is followed by the subheading "Scotland's number one for whole flavoured chickens". I kid you not. I'm not sure if you can get grape or tar though which would be my obvious first two choices.

But my current favourite is a construction sign (that bold white font on a red background) - "Heavy Plant Crossing". the options are mindboggling.

No comments: