19 March 2008

news

life just happens sometimes when you are not looking.

Baby Gulliver is being born today. I haven't spoken to the parents, my colleagues, since they went to hospital, but just the thought of it makes me kind of glow.

It is March. The programme i said I was waffling with in October is still waffling. And I have exactly 7 days to finish it. Done, written, ready to print, no one moving, nothing changing, set in stone for August. fuck me.

My deadline is so strict because I am off another corporate jaunt to Italy the 31st - but this time renting a flat so I have some privacy, and spending my evenings with friends, which should make the whole thing infinately less nervy.

And the big news (even though it's not mine):

Anika is getting married.

She and Justin set a date, she's got a whopper of a square cut diamond, and even though they are paying themselves and I think her parents are still disowning her, I couldn't be happier for them.

So put it in your diary Grady's - Nov 1 in the Chicago Windham.

So that's

July: Iain & Jane (Liam's dad)
August: Festival
September: Kate & Jimmy
October: Carol & Heidi (Liam's mum)
November: Anika & Justin
December: Home for Christmas?

Can I possibly manage a state-side flight 3 times this fall? Jesus. or could I have more weddings to go to? Being a twenty something is fucking weird.

No comments: