03 January 2008

Fresh

The beginning of a new year is like a new outfit for the first day of school, the smell of fresh laundry and waking up from a luxurious nap all rolled into one. It holds such quiet promise, such a simple joy.

Right now, it's snowing. Big thick clumps of white gather on my windowsill.

I've not seen snow in Edinburgh in three years and it's the most beautiful sight in the world.

I hope I can hold onto this. That the rest of the year will carry this sense of wonder and delight. That it's not about achievement and deadlines, clouded with stress sorrow and doubt, but the grander things that make life worth living.

1 comment:

Kateless said...

Hair... hmm. Anything you like- for the wedding I'd like you guys to have your hair down. (I'm thinking about soft waves, maybe) Besides that idea, no rules. Whatever you feel prettiest with as a cut. :)

Call when you like, I'm around. Love you