31 October 2007

"I hope my children aren't nerds. I want them to be sporty and fun!" (small air punching cheerleader gesture)

I actually heard this fall from an obnoxious american girls mouth on Great Russell Street today.

Granted my sudden rage at this exclamation maybe needs some context. My business trips to London are rather quiet, floating affairs - seeing as I am completely on my own all day everyday just wandering about (think Lost in Translation in english with less hating it), so I generally, on the whole without, decernable emotion. Other than cheerfully glancing at a beautiful pair of shoes or being slightly irked my steak pie turned out to be a chicken pie, it's a relatevely calm almost hollow existance.

And to walk down a sunset street, with the great wonders of western discovery on my right (The British Museum), one of the great feats of quirky modern design under my arm (an orla keily bag), and a wonderful epic historical novel in my hand (the blue flame), I couldn't have been less disappointed in the flippant lack of scope and sanity in college girls. May I never speak to one again.

No comments: