04 April 2007

it's been a longtime since I had internet goofing off as a hobby.

but lately, facebook has made a resurgence in my evening routine.

perhaps it's because all my immediate family and half my considerable number of cousins are all on now so everyday I've got another silly message or photo to accept. it's kind of like texting just to say hi, but a little more sophomoric and usually much more entertaining.

plus my dad's version of me on heritage's celebrity-look-a-like scanner says I am Martine McCutcheon, Kristin Davis and yes, DJ Tanner, like Carrasco always dreamed.

such frivolity also allows jack and i to keep up the banter when we haven't seen each other since November and he lives half amile away. a perk for lazy people like us.

But trolling around through old friends and ugly photos can also be quite sad. Like when you see one of your (i hesitate to say closest because of retrospective clarity and possibly missed chances) high school friends just completely a different person. sad, lonely and unwell when a few years ago the brightest, funnest and most in-demand kid on the block. it's strange how much we can change and weirder how much of a sham some of it always was, I just didn't know.

there you go. my facebook induced wisdom.

i am going to go cook like a good wife for my newly returned man. i missed him, so sue me it comes out in domestic kindnesses and cheese platters.

No comments: