27 February 2007

missing: my life

it concerns me i have managed to lose my life. somewhere under couch cushions or perhaps down one of those weirdly long and useless pockets in the back of my handbag.

i just went to reach for it without even looking, like you'd grab a cookie while glued to an E!True Hollywood Story, and it was gone. lost. MIA.

what has prompted this sudden awareness? the oscars happened and i didn't even notice.

let me repeat: I (as in me, the closet celebrity gossip whore) forgot (as in didn't just miss them because we are a 8 hours ahead of LA, but actually didn't realize they were happening) the Oscars (a holiday on several of my past calendars).

Although a bad week or lack of wearwithall for a season is fine, I couldn't even name the nominees for Best Picture. I can assure you they were half deserved and the winner blew pretentious schlock out it's ears, but still.

I am grossly uninformed, sadly lacking sparkly denouncements and without my witty dressing down of red carpet fashion. what small talk am I going to make for the next month? More importantly, if I missed the Oscars, I probably have no pressing social engagements in which to deconstruct them because I HAVE LOST MY SANITY.

That said, I was whisked away for a quaint cottage weekend of rose gardens and castles as a brithday treat instead, so maybe it's okay. It was glorious.


...Oh my god. I am replacing my life with romantic rendez-vous and mini-break weekends! I don't know whether to feel glamourous and fab or one of those completely insane couple-blinded freaks.

No comments: