06 November 2005

nymphette, the 5 step programme - step 1: deny temptation

so i have significantly chilled out since writing the below (i love the phrase "writing the above" though it so rarely makes sense in a world where no one writes on scrolls anymore, so i've darwined it into blogger compatible prose).

this is in no small part to my awarding myself brownie points for not sleeping with stranger-friend of phil's. there is nothing more tempting that a cute no-strings attached backpacker showing up at your party. but i was still feeling a little dirty and am atoning through nominal piety.

it didn't help i was holding a bottle of holy water at the time (long fabulous story) and jack mentioned i might melt or burst forth into flames of damnation at any minute from coming in contact with something blessed. turns out he was wrong (we tested by spraying me with it), but still.

plus sarah the gossip queen was of course grilling me for details about lee (of course he told people) and her friend phil who apparantly fancies me something dreadful after her last party

audience aside: i know it sounds like this is griping as a facade for showing off a la "oh it is so tiring to be adored" Helen of Troy (you really must read Atwood's Penelopiad) but it isn't. sadly, i am still in the pubescent mindset "why would anyone be interested? what is wrong with them?" mentality and have no way of processing such things other than writing them down hoping there is something i've missed. i'd say the "data does not compute" but even i am not that dorky all the time.

...so i was less than inclined to continue with my recent indescretions until at least we all couldn't vividly recall my last few.

besides, he was canadian. someday i'll tell you about my canuck curse.

anyway, yeah. so my party was good. i was good which is even better, and i start my job tomorrow. holy fuck.

No comments: